Baked Breakfast Burritos
- 6-8 bacon strips, fried crisp, drained
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons enchilada or taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- Sour cream and additional enchilada or taco sauce (optional)
- To 1 tablespoon bacon drippings sauté mushrooms, onions, green bell pepper and
garlic in drippings until tender; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sour cream.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and enchilada sauce.
- In a skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook over low heat until eggs are
- Remove from heat.
- Crumble the bacon; add to eggs with mushroom mixture.
- Spoon down center of tortillas; roll up. Place seam side down, in an 11 x 7 x
2-inch backing dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream and enchilada sauce if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Other Southwestern breakfast and brunch recipes you may like...
Breakfast Burritos with Green Chiles
Coyote Gulch Breakfast Quesadilla