Breakfast Burritos with Green Chiles
- 1 1/3 pounds (4 medium) potatoes, cut into1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 3 roasted green chiles,
skins and seeds removed,
- chopped, or 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (10-inch)
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, venting one corner.
Cook on HIGH for 7 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- In large nonstick skillet over high heat, heat oil. Add potatoes and bell pepper.
Cook 5 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Mix in chiles and onions; cook and toss 2 minutes.
- In bowl, beat eggs, water and hot sauce; mix into potatoes, then mix in cheese.
- Cook and toss until eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In plastic bag, heat tortillas in microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds.
- Top each tortilla with potato mixture, dividing equally.
- Roll up burrito-style to enclose filling completely.
- Serve accompanied with prepared salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings