Breakfast Fruit Chimichangas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup apricots, sliced
- 1 cup apricot basting sauce (3/4 cup apricot jam plus 1/4 cup water, heated)
- Prepare apricot basting sauce; set aside.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sugar and orange peel thoroughly.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the center of each tortilla then spread
with 1 tablespoon of preserves. Fold one end of the tortilla up about 1-inch over
mixture; fold in the right and left sides over the folded end and then fold the
remaining side to overlap the others.
- Brush the edges with egg to seal. Brush each with margarine. Place seam sides
down on an ungreased jellyroll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch.
- Bake until chimichangas begin to brown and the filling is hot, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with apricots and apricot basting sauce.