- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or beef drippings
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cold
- Salt, if needed
- 2 to 3 cups meat, cubed or ground
- 1 clove garlic,
chopped or crushed
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- Hot biscuits
- Melt butter or drippings in a cast iron frying pan. Add flour and stir until
rich brown. Slowly stir in cold water and continue to stir as it cooks so it won't
- Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Brown meat with garlic and chili powder in a skillet, then add to the gravy,
which should be bubbling. Simmer a few minutes, then serve over fresh hot biscuits.
You may also serve this over mashed potatoes or rice and with enchiladas and