- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or beef drippings
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cold
- Salt, if needed
- 2 to 3 cups meat, cubed or ground
- 1 clove garlic,
chopped or crushed
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- Hot biscuits
- Melt butter or drippings in a cast iron frying pan. Add flour and stir until
rich brown. Slowly stir in cold water and continue to stir as it cooks so it won't
- Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Brown meat with garlic and chili powder in a skillet, then add to the gravy,
which should be bubbling. Simmer a few minutes, then serve over fresh hot biscuits.
You may also serve this over mashed potatoes or rice and with enchiladas and
Other Southwestern breakfast and brunch recipes you may like...
Breakfast Burritos with Green Chiles
Coyote Gulch Breakfast Quesadilla