Coyote Gulch Breakfast Quesadilla
- 3 ounces chorizo
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil or other oil of choice
- Sour cream (optional)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Sauté chorizo in small skillet over medium heat, breaking up with spoon until
hot and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs with whisk or fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring,
as you would scrambled eggs.
- Spoon cooked eggs onto 1 tortilla and gently spread evenly to within 1/2-inch
- Spoon cooked sausage evenly over eggs.
- Sprinkle with green onions, cheese and cilantro.
- Top with remaining tortilla.
- Heat garlic oil in shallow 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. When hot, lightly
brush some of the oil over the surface of the top tortilla. Place quesadilla in
skillet oiled-side up. Cook over medium-low heat until browned on bottom, about
- Turn and cook until second side is browned and cheese in center is melted, 3
to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat to chopping board and cut into 8 wedges.
- Serve with sour cream and avocado, if desired.