Huevos con Papas y Chorizo
Eggs with potatoes and chorizo make a hearty breakfast.
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 pound chorizo
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cilantro or parsley sprigs, if desired
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices and then into 1/4-inch dice.
- Remove chorizo from casing and place in a large skillet.
- Cook and mash chorizo until lightly browned and fat has melted.
- Add diced potatoes and onion. Cover and cook over medium heat until potatoes
are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove lid. With the back of a large spoon, press 4 indentations in mixture.
- Break an egg into each indentation. Cover and cook until eggs are set, about
- To serve, garnish with avocado slices and cilantro or parsley sprigs, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine March 24, 2002 11:11:48.