- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 or 3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup red or green chile salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded white or longhorn
- Heat oil in a skillet large enough to hold a corn tortilla. Fry each tortilla
tender-crisp, about 30 seconds per side.
- Drain each and keep warm in paper towels.
- Discard all but a trace of any remaining oil and reduce heat to warm.
- Have the shelled eggs ready to slip into pan without breaking yolks. Cook only
until whites are set, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Quickly place 1 egg per tortilla and keep warm while quickly heating salsa in
the same skillet.
- Pour salsa over eggs.
- Top with cheese, which will melt as eggs are served.
- Serve with hot refried beans and a small mound of Chorizo (Mexican sausage).