Mexican Scrambled Eggs
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 small jalapeno or serrano
chile, seeded and chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten with salt until frothy
- Heat half the oil and sauté the tortilla strips. Drain.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and stir-fry the chopped tomato, onion and green
chile 30 seconds.
- Put tortilla strips back into the skillet.
- Pour beaten eggs into the skillet over other ingredients and cook, stirring often,
until mixture sets.
- Serve with refried beans and garlic toast.
Yield: 4 servings
Other Southwestern breakfast and brunch recipes you may like...
Breakfast Burritos with Green Chiles
Coyote Gulch Breakfast Quesadilla