Southwest Breakfast Burritos
- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 (8- to 10-inch) whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium
heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through. Pour off all but
1 tablespoon drippings. Add bell pepper; sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently the eggs
across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue
cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible
liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon egg mixture into center of tortillas, dividing evenly; sprinkle
with cheese. Fold in sides of tortillas, then roll up burrito-style.
Tortillas can be stacked and heated in microwave oven, about 30 seconds.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.
Other Southwestern breakfast and brunch recipes you may like...
Breakfast Burritos with Green Chiles
Coyote Gulch Breakfast Quesadilla