Southwestern Style Breakfast Burrito
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 burrito-size (large) flour tortilla
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely diced chorizo
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chunky salsa
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, scallions and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high, toast the tortilla until heated
through, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the oil to skillet. When the oil is hot, add
the chorizo and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the chorizo to a small dish.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet. As the egg cooks, use a spatula to lift the edges
to let the uncooked egg run underneath.
- When the eggs are completely set, sprinkle with the reserved chorizo, then with
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let rest several minutes, or until the
cheese is melted.
- Uncover the tortilla and spread the salsa over it. Slide the omelet on top.
- Roll the tortilla and omelet up together to form a wrap, then cut it in half
crosswise to make 2 servings. If needed, secure each half with a wooden pick.
Nutrition information per serving (values are rounded to the nearest whole
number): 660 calories; 357 calories from fat; 40 g fat (16 g saturated; 0 g trans
fats); 569 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrate; 35 g protein; 3 g fiber; 1,088 mg