Baked Steak Burritos
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package Old El Paso® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin tip steak, cut into thin bite size strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso® Refried Beans
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package (12 tortillas) Old El Paso® Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos & Fajitas
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso® Enchilada Sauce
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in 10 to 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Stir in taco seasoning
- Add beef strips; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until of desired doneness. Drain.
- Place refried beans in microwavesafe dish. Microwave on High for 2 minutes,
stirring once or twice.
- Spread each tortilla with refried beans to within 1/4 inch of edge.
- Top each with beef, onions and Cheddar cheese. Roll up, folding in sides. Place
each seam side down in ungreased 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over burritos.
- Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 7 to 12 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 15 min
Created by Becky Fuller, Westmont, IL
2002 Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Dairy Association