Chicken Burrito Skillet
Chicken, black beans, zesty tomatoes and taco seasoning cooked together with
brown rice for an easy burrito skillet topped with cheese.
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts,
cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from 1.25-ounce package)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rosarita® Premium Whole
Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes
& Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes,
- Add onion and taco seasoning; cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in black beans, undrained tomatoes and water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until rice is
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and cilantro, if desired.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Makes: 6 servings (about 1 cup each)
Nutrition information: Calories: 338 Serving Size: 6 servings (about 1 cup
% Daily Value* Total Fat 14 gram 21% Saturated fat 5 gram 24% Cholesterol
68 mg 23% Sodium 672 mg 28% Carbohydrate 26 gram 9% Dietary fiber 4 gram 16% Sugars
2 gram Protein 26 gram Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 17% Iron 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from