Shredded Beef Chimichangas
(Chimichangas de Carne de Res)
- 4 flour tortillas, 12-inch diameter
- 1 recipe Shredded Beef
- 4 avocados, skinned and seeded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 pickled jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar from jalapeno can
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- Soften tortillas and wrap them in a towel to keep them warm.
- Place about 2 cup to 2 1/4 cups of Shredded Beef on each tortilla.
- Chop 2 of the avocados and apportion them equally on top of
the Shredded Beef.
- Fold the tortillas and fry one at a time until crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel, then remove to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, mash the remaining 2 avocados; then stir in the remaining
ingredients to make a thick, smooth sauce. A food processor makes quick work of this task.
- Place the cooked chimichangas on individual serving plates and
top them with the avocado sauce.