Blue Corn Biscotti
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons blue cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons anisette or sambuca
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Put flour, sugar, yellow and blue cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pecans
in the bowl of an electric mixer and stir together with a fork.
- With the mixer at its lowest speed, beat in the butter bit by bit until
- Add eggs and liqueur; beat until the dough is thoroughly blended and masses
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface. Shape it into a log 3 inches wide,
12 inches long, and 1 inch high. Place it on a parchment paper-lined or nonstick
baking sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool on the baking sheet
for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Transfer the dough log to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, slice
the log into 1/2-inch slices, and lay them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. After
6 minutes, turn the pan from front to back if they are not browning evenly.
- Cool on the cookie sheet on a wire rack.