These cookies stay moist, keep beautifully, and are the perfect gift or food
bazaar item. The recipe makes a huge batch. For extra sweetness, sprinkle the warm
cookies with granulated sugar.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup rolled oats (regular)
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, mixing well, then add oil, mixing well.
- Add oats, corn flakes, coconut and nuts, stirring well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix well and
form into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork dipped in water.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before removing.