- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup pretzel crumbs
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup frozen margarita or limeade concentrate, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon tequila, or to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Triple Sec (orange liqueur), or to taste (optional)
- Rind from 1 lime, grated fine, divided
- 1 (2.25 ounce) shaker green decorator sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Place half the vanilla wafers in bowl of food processor fitted with knife
blade. Process to fine crumbs. Remove crumbs and reserve.
- Repeat with remaining wafers.
- Add about 1 cup pretzels to food processor and process to fine crumbs to
make 1/2 cup crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine wafer crumbs, pretzel crumbs, confectioners'
sugar, margarita concentrate and cream cheese.
- Add tequila and Triple Sec, if desired. Stir until blended.
- Divide mixture in half. Wrap each half tightly in plastic and set aside.
- Combine half the grated lime with decorator sugar and half with granulated
sugar on small saucers or in small bowls, stirring to distribute lime peel evenly.
- Remove plastic from 1 portion of the dough and shape into 1-inch balls.
After shaping each ball, roll each in green or white sugar. Work quickly because
balls dry quickly.
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.