Mexican Cinnamon Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon
- In large bowl with electric mixer at high speed, beat butter until light
- At low speed, beat in 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, flour, cinnamon,
vanilla extract and salt just until combined. Dough will be stiff.
- Shape into a ball; wrap in wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make ball cookies, roll into 3/4-inch balls.
- To make flat cookies, roll into 1-inch balls and flatten with fingers to
about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll hot cookies in mixture.
- Let cool and sprinkle with remaining mixture.