Saguaro Cactus Fruit Jam
- 6 cups saguaro cactus pulp
- Gather saguaro cactus fruit.
- Put 6 cups of the pulp in a pot and add water until half of the pulp is
covered. Soak the pulp for 1 1/2 hours. Stir every now and then.
- Put the pot over low heat and cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Separate the pulp from the liquid, saving the pulp. Boil the liquid very
slowly, stirring constantly, until it turns into a syrup.
- Mash the pulp and put through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- Combine the remaining pulp with the syrup until the mixture is the consistency
of jam. When it looks like jam, it is jam.
- Serve over warm fry bread.
DO NOT add sugar to this recipe.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Fruit Recipes