Caramel Tortilla Pie
Yield: 12 servings
- 8 flour tortillas for burritos
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan (jellyroll pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine pecan pieces and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and pecans are toasted. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar, whipping cream, flour and cinnamon.
- Place one tortilla on sprayed pan. Spread heaping 1/3 cup pecan mixture evenly over tortilla. Repeat layers two more times. Top with a fourth tortilla. Make another stack on same baking pan using remaining 4 tortillas and pecan mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly; cut into wedges.
- If desired, serve topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.