Quiche in a Green Chile Shell
- 1/2 pound bulk chorizo sausage
- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole green chiles, drained well
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a deep 9-inch pie plate.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until done, stirring often; drain on paper toweling.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each chile and open up. Arrange on the bottom and up sides of the pie plate forming a shell. Sprinkle with the cheese and sausage.
- Beat the eggs slightly and then beat in the milk and pepper. Pour the mixture into the chile-line pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.