Seven Layer Tortilla Pie
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 7 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa (for serving)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (for serving)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash pinto beans. Stir in 3/4 cup salsa and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, black beans and tomatoes.
Place 1 tortilla in a pie plate or tart dish. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture
over tortilla to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, and cover with
another tortilla. Spread with 2/3 cup black bean mixture, and top with 1/4 cup cheese.
Repeat layering twice. Cover with remaining tortilla, and spread with remaining
pinto bean mixture and cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cut into wedges, and serve with salsa and sour cream.