Southwest Chile Pie
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 2 cups diced green chile
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese -shredded
- 2 1/2 ounces mushrooms fresh or jarred, sliced
- Ripe olives, sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle 1 cup tortilla chips in pie crust.
- Combine beans chile and onion; spread
over chips in pie crust. Dot with sour cream. Top with mushrooms and olives.
Sprinkle with cheese and then the remaining chips.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Garnish with tomatoes and avocados.
Yield: 6 servings