Baked Chicken Empanadas with Queso Dip
This incredibly tasty empanada using traditional Mexican flavors is perfect for
your Cinco de Mayo celebration. Add the queso dip and this meal is sure to please!
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 3 ounces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound Mexican Velveeta
- 10 ounce can diced
tomatoes with green chiles
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- Flatten each roll into a 6 to 7-inch circle. Cover with plastic wrap and let
rest while making filling. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Remove plastic wrap from rolls. Place about 1/4 cup filling onto each circle being
careful not to let it touch the edges. Wet the edges of each circle with water.
Fold dough in half over filling and press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Queso Dip: Cut cheese into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave
one minute at a time until melted. Add tomatoes and green chiles and stir until
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw
Bake Time: 20 min
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.
>> Southwestern Chicken, Turkey and Cornish Hen
>> Mexican Chicken Recipes