Chicken Chilaquiles 2
- 4 skinless, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces lightly salted tortilla chips
- 28 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 tablespoons light or regular sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa fresca (fresh or store-bought)
- Sprinkle breasts with cumin, salt and pepper. Broil until just done.
Slice or shred chicken.
- Evenly cover four microwave-safe dinner plates with tortilla chips.
Sprinkle with chicken. Pour enchilada sauce over the chicken and
then microwave each plate for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Top with cheese
and microwave each plate for 45 to 60 seconds or until cheese melts
in the center of plate.
- Meanwhile, chop and combine cilantro and green onions. Sprinkle
a 1/4 cup mixture over each of the heated plates. Put a dollop of
sour cream in the center of each plate and surround with salsa fresca.