Chicken with Green Mole Sauce
Green Mole Sauce
- 1 tablespoon egetable oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 canned green chile
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Chicken: Skin and bone chicken breast
halves. Set aside.
- Heat broiler. Lightly grease broiler-pan
- Green Mole Sauce: Heat oil in medium skillet
over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and cumin; cook until onion
is tender, 3 minutes.
- Place in food processor or blender along with
chili, cilantro, parsley, sunflower seeds, broth, and water. Whirl
until pureed (mixture will be slightly grainy). Return mixture to
skillet; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Broil chicken 6 inches from heat for 3 minutes
on each side or just until cooked through.
- Top with Green Mole Sauce.