Chicken a la Jerusalem
This is a recipe from the Santa Anita Racetrack in California.
- 2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/4 pound butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound small mushrooms
- 6 cooked artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup cream sherry
- 1 cup cream or half-and-half
- Mined parsley
- Minced chives
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add chicken and sauté until
lightly browned. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Wash mushrooms and pat dry. Add to chicken along with artichoke
hearts. Pour sherry over all; cover, then simmer for 15 minutes,
or until chicken is tender and most of the wine has evaporated.
- Stir in cream. Add more cream if needed to thin sauce to desired
consistency. Add parsley and chives and serve at once.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings