Chicken Santa Fe
- 4 (8 ounce) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 Bermuda or Vidalia onion
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup red wine (burgundy is good)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (portobello recommended)
- 32 ounces cooked chile pepper
- Linguine (or other type of pasta)
Santa Fe Butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Cut each chicken breast into three pieces and then grill about
three minutes on each side, while generously brushing each piece
with the Santa Fe Butter (chicken may be also pan fried).
- Slice the onions, peppers and mushrooms into long, thin strips
and sauté with 1 tablespoon of butter. Vegetables should be sautéed quickly and stay crisp.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine and reduce
by half. Add remaining butter to lightly thicken sauce.
- Heat linguine and arrange chicken on top. Spoon vegetables between the
chicken and pour sauce over top. Garnish with scallions.