Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 clove
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas (about 10 inches)
- 1 cup shredded
- In a small bowl, slightly mash black beans with a fork. Stir in scallions, peppers,
onion, lime juice, cilantro or parsley and garlic. Set aside.
- In a lightly greased large skillet over medium-high heat, cook 1 tortilla for
15 seconds or until softened; turn over.
- Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture over half of tortilla; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold
tortilla in half over filling.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side or until cheese melts. Keep warm in a 200 degree
F oven while preparing remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges
Yield: 16 wedges
Approximate values per serving (1 wedge): 94 calories, 3 g fat, 6 mg cholesterol,
5 g protein, 13 g carbohuydrates, 2 g fiber, 72 mg sodium, 24 percent calories from