- 1 cup canned vegetarian refried beans
- 1/4 cup bottled salsa
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Sour cream and additional salsa for garnish (optional)
- Combine refried beans and salsa in a mixing bowl.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Spray one side of a tortilla lightly with cooking spray. Place sprayed
side down in a nonstick skillet. Spread with about 1/4 cup bean
mixture. Top with 1/2 cup shredded chicken and about 1/2 cup cheese.
Top with another tortilla and spray top lightly with spray. Cook
over medium heat, pressing down with a spatula until lightly brown.
Turn and cook second side until lightly brown. Place on a baking
sheet in oven to keep warm while you continue with remaining tortillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and additional salsa.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: Per serving (not including garnishes): 850 calories, 47 g protein,
90 g carbohydrates, 33 g fat, 105 mg cholesterol, 1,360 mg sodium,
8 g fiber. Calories from fat: 34 percent