Barbecued Pork and Beef Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Blend all ingredients well and add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH
for 8 hours.
- Stir to shred meat before serving on buttered rolls or pita bread.
If you do not have a slow cooker, you can simmer this mixture on top of the
stove. Use a very heavy Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid.
This may also be served over rice rather than using rolls, if desired.
Leftovers freeze great.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Sandwich Recipes