Barbecued Pork and Beef Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Blend all ingredients well and add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH
for 8 hours.
- Stir to shred meat before serving on buttered rolls or pita bread.
If you do not have a slow cooker, you can simmer this mixture on top of the
stove. Use a very heavy Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid.
This may also be served over rice rather than using rolls, if desired.
Leftovers freeze great.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Sandwich Recipes