Grilled Mexican Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, chili powder, and cayenne. Using a
rubber spatula, spread mixture over both sides of the chicken.
- Prepare grill. Grill chicken until juices run clear.
- Combine 1 cup of the cheese blend and the mayonnaise; mix well. Toast bread
on edge of grill, turn. Spread toasted side of the bread evenly with cheese/mayonnaise
mix. Grill, cheese side up, 2 more minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Place a piece of chicken on toasted cheese bread and top with salsa. Sprinkle
with remaining cheese.
Yield: 4 open-faced sandwiches
Source: Martin James' Picnic Collection
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Sandwich Recipes