Jalapeno Stuffed Burgers
- 1 (7.5 ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, minced, or 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 4 hamburger buns
- Grilled onion slices
- Jalapeno pepper slices
- Process peppers, sugar and salt in a blender. Pour into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine ground beef and salt; shape into 8 thin patties.
- Combine cream cheese and jalapeno pepper - divide evenly in the center of 4 patties (do not spread to edges). Top with remaining patties and press edges to seal.
- Grill covered with grill lid over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve on buns with Pepper Ketchup and desired toppings.