New Mexican Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 4 poblano chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (2 pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1 long loaf Italian bread, halved
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup prepared Pico de Gallo or tomato salsa
- Heat grill to medium-high for direct heat.
- Coat poblanos with cooking spray.
- Grill peppers for 5-7 minutes, turning, until blackened.
- Meanwhile, combine next three ingredients; rub onto steak.
- Grill steak until medium rare.
- Let steak rest for 10 minutes then slice.
- Peel and slice poblanos.
- Layer bottom half of bread with lettuce, steak, peppers, cheese, and salsa.
Top with the other half of bread loaf.
Yield: 10 servings