Southwestern Fried Steak Sandwich
with Tomatoes and Onion Rings
- 4 (4 ounce) New York strip steaks, about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch slices and rings separated
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 4 cups cornflake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices toasted bread
- Dip the tomatoes, onion rings and the the steaks into the egg mixture.
- Place the cornflake crumbs on a sheet of wax paper and toss the tomatoes,
onion rings and steaks in the crumbs.
- Place the onion rings on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for about
15 minutes, or until the outside is crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the coated steaks;
cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes on each side for medium.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for about 1 minute on each side.
- To serve, place the steaks on the toast and top with tomatoes and onions.