Southwestern Pita Pockets
- 1 1/4 pounds Certified Angus Beef® deli roast beef, cut
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 pitas, halved
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 tablespoon cilantro
and olive oil. Toss roast beef with sauce.
- Combine corn, tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno peppers and the remaining
vinegar and cilantro in a separate bowl.
- Place roast beef in pita pocket with salsa and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the Certified Angus Beef® brand - certifiedangusbeef.com.