Southwestern-Style Hot Dogs
- 1 (1 pound) package hot dogs (8 dogs)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup chopped, jarred pickled jalapeno chiles
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese blend
- Hot Dogs: Prepare grill with hot coals or heat a gas grill.
- Grill the hot dogs for about 8 minutes total, turning several times during
- Toast hot dog buns, if you wish.
- Slice each grilled hot dog lengthwise, three-quarters of the way through,
being careful not to cut the dogs all the way through.
- Topping: Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapenos into the slice in each
hot dog. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the cheese over the jalapenos on each
- Carefully grill hot dogs, without spilling any of the topping, for another
1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Place the dogs in the toasted buns.
Nutrient Value Per Hot Dog: 365 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated), 14 g
protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1,024 mg sodium, 39 mg cholesterol
Source: Family Circle 6/18/02