Western Trail Sandwiches
To salvage eggs which had gone bad and to disguise the bad taste, pioneers mixed
the eggs with onions and any seasonings they had on hand.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- Fry bacon in a skillet for several minutes.
- Toss in the green pepper and onion and cook until vegetables are almost
- Beat eggs with the salt and pepper; pour over mixture in the skillet, then
cook until eggs are set.
- Turn and brown the second side lightly.
- Place between slices of buttered bread.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Sandwich Recipes