- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Oaxaca cheese*
- 15 corn tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, stirring frequently. When the beef has browned, drain the extra grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to the pan with the beef. Stir well. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Shred the cheese and heat a clean frying pan or comal over high heat. Coat the bottom with a thin layer of oil.
- Working in batches, warm 2 or 3 tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Reduce the stove heat to medium and place the open tortillas on the frying pan or comal. On one half of each tortilla layer with 1 tablespoon of cheese, then 2 to 3 tablespoons of beef filling, followed by 1 more tablespoon of cheese. If using more fillings, add them with the beef.
- Pan fry for 1 minute before gently folding the tortilla over to close the taco. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook 2 to 3 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove fried tacos from the skillet to a paper towel lined plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm while preparing the remaining tacos.
* Cheese may be omitted, if desired.