- 3 whole broiler-fryer chicken breasts, halved and skinned
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced baby tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 onion,
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup chicken
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce)
carton dairy sour cream
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package corn chips, crushed
- In paper bag, mix together taco seasoning mix, salt and garlic
powder. Add chicken, one piece at a time, shaking to coat.
- In large shallow greased glass baking dish, place chicken. Cover
with wax paper. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes.
- Turn. Uncover and microwave
on HIGH 5 minutes longer.
- Place tomatoes, olives, onion and chiles
over chicken; pour chicken broth over all. Cover and microwave on
HIGH, turning once, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand,
covered, about 5 minutes. Return to microwave for additional cooking
if fork cannot be inserted in chicken with ease when testing for
doneness. Remove chicken to serving platter.
- In small bowl
mix cornstarch and water; add to vegetables in baking dish and microwave
on HIGH about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, or until thick.
- To serve, pour sauce over chicken; top with sour cream; sprinkle
with corn chips.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine 6/7/01 5:43:08 am.