Southwestern Quesadilla, Tostada
and Chalupa Recipes
The quesadilla is a regional favorite in the southwestern United States. It
could be called a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich. It is made by putting filling
ingredients on one flour tortilla, then setting a second flour tortilla on top.
Filling vary dramatically, but the basic ingredient is cheese. They are easy to
make if you own a quesadilla maker as the quesadilla bakes on both sides at the
same time and does not need to be flipped. Tostadas and chalupas are open-faced
- Alaska Cod Buffalo-style
Quesadillas — Flour tortillas are packed with jack cheese, tomatoes and cod fillets.
- Avocado Quesadillas
- Barbecue Quesadillas
- Bean and Cheese Quesadillas
- Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla
- Black Bean Quesadillas
- Cheese Crisp
- Chicken Chalupas
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Cinco de Mango Chicken Quesadillas
- Colorful Pepper and Mango
- Confetti Quesadillas
- Cowboy Quesadillas
- Cowboy Quesadillas 2 — Cheesy quesadillas filled with shredded chicken and spicy tomatoes.
- Crab Quesadillas
- Crabmeat Quesadillas
- Garlicky Prawn, Roasted Pepper and Goat
Cheese Quesadillas — You will never have enough of these! Good hot or cold!
- Mexican Torta
- Nopales Tostadas — Treat your family to a meatless Mexican dinner with these nopales tostadas - ready in 30 minutes.
- Peach-Jalapeno Quesadilla
- Pepper Quesadillas
- Poblano Chile Tostadas
- Portobello Quesadillas
- Pulled Pork Tostadas with Slaw and Chipotle
Cream — If you like, you can use regular tortillas, warmed up, instead of the crisped
ones, to make soft tacos instead of tostadas. Experiment with the slaw to make it
your own – try adding shredded zucchini, thinly sliced bell pepper, or diced cucumber.
- Quesadilla con Guacamole
- Quesadilla Especial
- Quesadilla with Onion-Peach
- Quesadillas con Epazote
- Roast Beef Quesadillas
- Rusty's Quesadillas
- Salmon Quesadillas
- Sausage-Corn Quesadillas
- Shrimp Quesadilla
- Shrimp Quesadillas — A delightful mixture of lime-infused shrimp, finely minced jalapeño, sautéed onions, garlic, and melted cheese in butter browned tortillas. It's a simple and
festive way to enjoy shrimp.
- Shrimp Tostadas
- Shrimp Tostadas (Tostadas de Camaron)
- Smoky Chicken Quesadillas
- Smoky Grilled Chicken Tostadas — The kick of a Mexican-style taco sauce with smoky jalapeno flavor
enhances the grilled chicken in these hearty tostadas.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Quesadillas
- Texas Sirloin Quesadillas
- Three Cheese Quesadilla with Mexican Dipping
- Tortilla Sandwiches — Serve
Sincronizadas with guacamole and salsa for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or as a snack.
- Tostada Waffles